Vitruvius is in growth mode and we are seeking an experienced surveyor-designer to work in our Wellington office.
Who are we looking for?
Are you forward thinking, customer focussed, commercially astute, technically qualified, well organised and a team player?
Vitruvius are a highly experienced team of technical professionals leading the field through expertise and innovation in all aspects of Civil Engineering, Surveying, Rail and Road Transport Engineering Design, Subdivision, and Land Development projects. A major segment of the company’s business is associated with supporting the rapid growth in the New Zealand rail network. The company provides strategic advisory services, design and project management service delivery, leadership development, and contract administration. With offices in Tauranga and Wellington, Vitruvius are well situated to offer New Zealand wide consulting services.
The primary role is to assist with the delivery of projects for rail and road transport, and land development clients.
The role includes:
- rail alignment surveying, site surveying for building companies, undertaking topographic survey and cadastral survey work, data processing and analysis, quality assurance, planning activities, progress reporting and implementation of planned work schedules.
- supervision of large-scale civil works with interpretation of investigations that enable proposed recommendations and corrective actions.
The appointee will adhere to all Vitruvius HSE policies, safety plans and HSE legislation, codes and practises
The Surveyor/Designer will have:
- proficiency in the use of 12D model software for survey processing
- experience in the use of GNSS and Robotic Total Stations.
- knowledge of design software such as 12d, Civil 3D, OpenRail, BIM
- field surveying, skills and experience
- good relationship and communication skills.
- formal qualifications in surveying and/or civil engineering
- experience working in a project team
Vitruvius offers a highly competitive salary package, working in a congenial office with a high degree of self-management. There are substantial opportunities for career advancement.
The Next Steps
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com