We are a proud New Zealand owned and operated engineering consultancy that has experienced steady nation-wide growth from the day we opened our doors 10 years ago. Following a successful decade, Vitruvius is now in the perfect position to take the business into an exciting new phase of growth and direction.
To support and continue our proven success, we are looking for a highly ambitious Company Director with a strategic and innovative mindset. Our new Company Director will have a passion for new business opportunities and the ability to build strong lasting relationships with our partners and team members. This is a role that will truly shape the future of Vitruvius.
As a company, we pride ourselves on delivering true value to our clients through the quality of our work. This is a unique chance for you to lead a talented group of individuals who are driven by ambition and will support new opportunities and direction led by the Company Directors.
A true Company Director’s position, strategically leading and influencing our business, employees and customers. This role has been developed to support the existing two Company Directors and will share the governance portfolios and board responsibilities from the outset.
The role has an outwardly focused interest in our sectors and services, bringing in market insights for opportunities and further relationships whilst being technically and professionally astute.
To role will have a key input and interest into the commercial growth, financial reporting and strategic development of the business, whilst maintaining an active involvement of the project delivery.
Within a shared leadership model you will be managing a small team of professionals locally whilst influencing the whole business nationally.
The role leads directly to a significant ownership model where our Directors are expected to be major shareholders of an employee owned business.
- Experience in General Management / Business unit management from a similar industry involving civil engineering and advisory services.
- Expert market awareness and
- Strong supply chain knowledge and negotiation skills
- Business development and administration skills, to meet confidently with boards, external clientele, contractors and consultants etc
- Commercial focus – experience with financial reporting, marketing, sales and strategic planning
- Business management principles and strategy
- Strong leadership qualities and people management skills (particularly experienced in leading professional engineering and development staff)
- Technically astute with a strong understanding of how a high technology business such as this operates
- Knowledge of quality systems and business improvement plans
- Flexibility to travel internationally and locally
- Technically astute and highly advantageous to hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or equivalent to match our service offering