Who are we looking for?
Our High Performing Wellington team is looking for an Intermediate Surveyor that is wanting to learn and develop their expertise as a Designer to support and add further depth and skills to our existing team to deliver on our exciting projects in the rail and transport sectors.
You must have a valid working visa or residency to be considered for this role.
Vitruvius is dedicated to creating an environment that encourages Limitless Ambition to thrive. We value the individual skills and expertise that every team member brings to Vitruvius, and we not only encourage staff to innovate and collaborate so we can produce our best work as a team and as individuals, we put our money where our mouth is by training and connecting our teams across the country in order to do so.
Staff are encouraged and supported to set their ambitions high and to balance their career alongside family, recreational and personal aspirations.
This is an important role for the Wellington office, and you will be essential to numerous projects. The role will have a dual focus on rail surveying including rail alignment survey, track set out, data processing and analysis, reporting and recommendations, quality assurance and the opportunity to learn technical track design under the wings of our renowned track designers (who knows, maybe you’ll become one yourself). Rail industry experience will be helpful but by no means essential.
The role will be responsible for representing Vitruvius and interacting professionally with clients and project teams ensuring consistent, on-time, in-full, and in-specification execution of project work to enable clients to meet their solutions and requirements. You will be supported through your early months to get up to speed in a team culture that is hard to beat.
- 2+ years of experience working in a survey role.
- Surveying degree highly advantageous, other surveying qualification or equivalent experience required.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience using AutoCAD suite or 12D software.
- Site and safe working experience essential.
- Ability to travel, work nights, weekends and public holidays if required.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible and high trust working environment.
- Industry leading company benefits.
- Supportive culture with lots of development opportunities.
- Lead your own projects from start to finish.