Our Tauranga team is looking for a highly skilled Senior Civil/Water Engineer to add further depth and skills to our existing team.
This is a great opportunity to join our team when the pipeline is flush with work delivering for our local clients.
Some of the projects you would be involved in include:
- TCC Water & Wastewater design panel
- TCC Stormwater modelling, planning, and design panel
- WBOPDC Stormwater assessment and designs
- Healthy Waters (Auckland Council) stormwater design
- Various land development opportunities
(amongst many other opportunities, clients, and projects).
Vitruvius is dedicated to creating an environment that encourages Limitless Ambition to thrive. We value your individual skills and expertise that every team member brings to Vitruvius, and we encourage staff to innovate and collaborate so we can produce our best work as a team and as individuals.
This opportunity will allow you to help grow our intermediates and graduates, develop your own skill set whether this is client facing, technical or people management/support.
We operate in an environment where people want to engage with clients and one another – a place that promotes, empowers, and willingly blurs the line between work and adventure.
Vitruvius is locally owned multidisciplinary consultancy company offering a range of services including civil/waters engineering, rail design, transport engineering, land surveying and development.
We are a small enough company to remain agile and responsive, allowing team members to directly impact the success of projects, clients’ expectations the company’s overall success. But still large enough to partner with other experts and deliver exciting projects on a national scale.
Staff are encouraged and supported to set their ambitions high and to balance their career alongside family, recreational and personal aspirations.
We offer an excellent remuneration package which includes wellness benefits, flexible working arrangements, professional development and potential shareholding opportunities.
Relocation packages are available if you are returning from overseas, or want a change in scenery within New Zealand.
At Vitruvius you will work within the Civil and Water team, and with the wider Vitruvius team and partners on a range of project from feasibility, concept through to detailed design and construction.
In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Highly competent engineer to lead design packages, complex assignments/projects and providing direction, support and coaching to more junior professionals.
- Has broad theoretical knowledge of civil engineering and the interdependencies for application
- Technical development, design, engineering and delivery of project work for clients
- Experience and competency to act as a verifier of other’s design work.
- Opportunities to act as Engineer’s representative supporting Engineer to Contract
- 8+ years of experience working in civil engineering projects
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Bachelor of Civil Engineering highly preferred)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Design Experience
- Experience leading and working within a project team
- Experience of influence and stakeholder management
- Experience applying commercial acumen to projects
Ready for a change?
If you want to “Enjoy the adventure” – one of our five key values, working within an environment . which makes people want to come to work and engage. A place that promotes, empowers and willingly merges the line between work and adventure. Then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster diversity, inclusion, participation, and equal opportunities. Your background, unique needs, and individuality are valued here at Vitruvius. Even if you don’t meet the criteria exactly but are interested we still want to hear from you and encourage you to apply! Your attitude and passion are the most important things.
To request a copy of the role description please email firstname.lastname@example.org